Glacier ski resort Kitzsteinhorn & family mountain Maiskogel
Book your skies online
Save 5 % on the rental price
Ski holidays in Kaprun in Salzburg - glacier or family mountain? Either way, both of it
Kaprun is full of varieties. While in fall the leaves are getting golden in the valley and the shadows are getting longer, the skiing season already started at the Kitzsteinhorn glacier. Thousand motivated skiers move to the glacier in order to ski, train, workout, test or just to be among the first skiers in the season. Families like the family mountain Maiskogel in Kaprun. Kids and adults both love the place and find attractions in summer and in winter.
Wide, steep and full of snow
That's the type of slopes at the Kitzsteinhorn. After you've taken the modern gondolas to the top of the resort at about 3.000 meters, you have the choice of a variety of slopes and powder faces. Somethimes the "Kitz" seems pretty crowded, but due to modern lift-concepts, the new Gletscherjet 3 & 4 and the new Schmiedinger-chair the resort has much more capacity and the fun on the slopes is guaranteed. Ready for the Black Mamba? This is the steepest slope in the region and you better be prepared for this!
The Kitzsteinhorn is also great, if you are on wide powder skis and are looking for freeride lines. You can choose between five different freeride-routes. There you will find great powder and amazing conditions all winter long. Don't forget about safety and check out the safety-info-points and the beginning of each freeride route. Check the weather and the avalange report every day. At the LVS-ceck-point you check the functionality of your avalange-peacon - very important.
Get "on board"
If you are a snowboarder, you will love the Kitzsteinhorn. Not only, because you will find amazing powder conditons, the snowboard community meet in the snow-parks and the super-pipe. The glacier park has good conditons and it starts in late fall - due to the elevation of the glacier. The super pipe at the Kitzsteinhorn with its 160 meters length is one of the longest in Salzburg. The tho other snow parks are a bid lower on the mountain - they are easier too and are especially good for beginners.
WE SUMMERIZE: Highlights at the Kitzsteinhorn
- High elevation, good lifts, much snow from November
- Glacier Jet 3 & 4 - Gondola and chairlift in one system - almost no line up
- NEW: Schmiedinger chairlift
- Summit world 3.000 - view points and much knowledge on 3.000 meters
- Wide and steep slopes - Black Mamba - steepest slope in the region
- Freeride lines for much powder and action
- Safety checks, info points, huts and restaurants
- Designated ski tours, Snow-queen and icebreaker
- Eagle-line - new funline at the Kitzsteinhorn
- Three snowparks and the longest super pipe
- Icecamp & cross country track at the glacier
- And much more ...
Kids are the greatest - at the family mountain
Kapurn has more to offer than just skiing at the glacier, freeride and steep slopes. Entire families look forward to the family mountain Maiskogel. The small but great ski resort is in the village of Kaprun and offers great slopes, wide faces and much fun for adults and kids. In the Maisi-Phantasypark there are a couple of attractions waiting for you. Curves, jumps, turns, tables and much more, which make the kids tired at night. Good, that there are a couple of huts at the Maiskogel.
The Maisiflitzer - Alpine Coaster - in Kaprun is opened the entire year for you. Tobogan was yesterday, the Maisiflitzer is much more exciting. On a distance of 1.300 meters there are curves, bridges, jumps and a looping. The 12 minute ride will feel life forever. Go for another run - the elevater takes you to the top again.
WE SUMMERIZE: Highlights at the family mountain Maiskogel
- Family friendly ski and winterfun
- Modern lifts, super slopes, cozy huts
- Good reachable, in the middle of the village Kaprun
- Good parking and perfect skibus connection
- Toboggan fun all year long - alpine coaster Maisiflitzer
- Sliding paradise at the Maisi Alm
- Maisi-Phantasy park with jumps, curves and much fun
- And much more ...